Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Somebody thinks the Beef Industry is Doing things right!!!

When we hear the words Animal Rights or Animal Welfare our natural tendency is become defensive.  And with good reason.  To often these labels are associated with an attack on programs and lifestyles that we hold dear to our heart.

I will never profess to be an expert in the area of Animal Welfare, but I can learn, and one of the things I have learned from a recent article in "Beef Daily" is that I should have a message in mind regarding the welfare of the livestock I raise.

Turns out the Beef Industry has a solid message if they will embrace it, according to Animal Rights Philosopher Dr.Benard Rollin.

You may not agree with Dr. Rollin's points but I think you will agree his message is thought provoking.

To see and hear what Rollin has to say go to:  http://blog.beefmagazine.com/beef_daily/2009/11/17/animal-ethics-philosopher-speaks-to-sdsu-students-producers/

For what its worth,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment